Why study abroad?
From enhancing your employability to allowing you to travel, here are our top ten reasons for studying abroad:
- Increase your employability! Employers value the numerous skills gained through studying abroad, giving you the edge when applying for jobs.
- Travel and explore new places… from breathtaking Hong Kong to sunny Arizona.
- Make friends from all over the world: you will be studying abroad with people from different cultures and have the opportunity to develop your intercultural skills.
- Develop your personal skills! You will be in brand new situations, allowing you to develop your self-confidence and skills such as time management and problem-solving!
- Discover new cultures, traditions and customs, whether it’s Spring Break in South Carolina or San Juan in Barcelona.
- Gain a new international perspective on your studies, and have the chance to study at some of the world’s top institutions in their fields.
- Have fun! You could be learning to scuba dive in California, exploring the Appalachian National Scenic Trail or dancing the Samba in São Paulo, Brazil!
- Improve or gain language skills: practice your French in Paris or why not learn a new language by living in a non-English speaking country whilst studying your programme in English? You could even learn at Roehampton before you go...
- Gain independence: you will have the chance to face many new situations and become more independent whilst abroad.
- An experience of a lifetime: this really is a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, which will change your life.