Based in Queensland, Central Queensland University is an Australian dual sector university. With over 35,000 students spread across 25 campuses, it is Australia’s largest regional university. CQUniversity’s unique vision, diversity, outreach, engagement, research, learning and teaching, and inclusiveness have led to it being recognised within the top 500 universities in the World. It is also ranked among the top 150 university by the prestigious Times Higher Education World University and among the world’s top universities by the international QS World Universities ranking system.
CQUniversity has many locations such as in in Adelaide, Brisbane, Bundaberg, Cairns, Emerald, Gladstone, Mackay, Melbourne, Noosa, Perth, Rockhampton, Sydney and Townsville; each with its own lively character and range of facilities and services as well as program and course offerings.
Located on the Tropic of Capricorn, 633km north of the Queensland State capital, Brisbane. Rockhampton has a resident population of only 60 000 and is compact and easy to get around, but has the businesses and services to supply the region's 180 000 people. It has a sub-tropical climate with summer rains and mild sunny winters. Nearby beachside communities include Yeppoon and Emu Park, with Great Keppel Island just offshore. and at the Southern end of the Great Barrier Reef.
CQUniversity Rockhampton North is the university's main campus and administrative centre providing a service community for the largely rural Central Queensland region. The campus has lush gardens and lots of greenery, providing a tranquil and picturesque environment to study in. Rockhampton North facilities:
- Allied Health Clinic
- Student Support, Financial and Academic Learning Services
- State of the art lecture theatres featuring the latest presentation and audio-visual equipment
- High-tech multimedia, medical science and nursing labs
- Engineering Precinct, including state of the art civil, electrical and mechanical labs
- CQUniversity bookshop
- Campus library with access to an extensive array of online databases so students are able to source the latest information in their chosen fields
- Food court and commercial centre, including post office, atm and travel agency
- Art gallery in conjunction with Rockhampton Regional Council
- Sporting facilities including 400-metre grassed athletics oval, 25-metre, 8-lane swimming pool and range of fitness classes and equipment available at CQUniversity Community Sports Centre
- On site accommodation at Capricornia College for 350 students
Term 1 (Spring): March-June
Term 2 (Autumn): July-Oct
|Housing (meals included)
||Dormitory: $290/wk, homestay: $220/wk
Students are either given on-campus private room, or homestay for their accommodation.
24 credit points at level 2 or 3.